Is Heavy OK?
Sometimes it feels like adding to basic design means adding weight. So, when do embellishments and fringe enhance the instruction; and, when do they divert attention from the instruction?
Does instructional design include communication? Would it look like this?
- Welcome student to course
- E-mail, Blog Message
- Encourage them to be creative on their Blog Profile Page
- Encourage other students to read the newcomer’s page and respond in a friendly inclusive manner
- Communicate rules/procedures
- Pre-assignment message
- Assignment message
- Post-assignment message
- Special message a a particularly difficult segment of the course
So, these points of communication would be calendared to remind the professor – but the communication would be personalized for each individual student.